|Ability scores||Score||Item Bonus||Mod|
- 140 HP
- AC: 33, flat-footed 30, touch 17
- Fortitude: 21
- Reflex: 16
- Will: 15
- Speed: 30ft, 20ft in armor
- BAB: +16
- Grapple: +21
- Feats: Power Attack, Weapon Focus (longsword), Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Extra Smiting, Divine Might, Spirited Charge, Awesome Smite, Cleave, Improved Critical (longsword), Defensive Sweep
- Skills: Knowledge (religion) +9, Ride +20, Heal +4, Sense Motive +17, Diplomacy +23, Craft (weapons) +2
- Special: Smite evil 6/day (+8 attack, +16 damage), detect evil at will, lay on hands (128hp/day), turn undead (13th level, 10/day), remove disease 4/week, immunity to disease, aura of courage +8
- Combat: Longsword +23/+18/+13 melee (1d8+6 (+2d6 against evil targets), 17-20/x2) or skylance +22/+17/+12 melee (1d8+9, x3)
- * Weapon: +1 holy cold iron longsword or Forceful Skylance
- * Armor: +3 adamantine full plate
- * Shield: +3 heavy steel shield
- * Shoulders: Cloak of Charisma +6
- * Chest: Vest of Resistance +2
- * Belt: Belt of Strength +2
- * Rings: Protection +4, Arming
- * Arms: Counterstrike Bracers
- * Basic augmentation package
- Items owned: Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, Cloak of Charisma +4
- Large Magical Beast
- Hit Dice: 13d10+39 (115 hp)
- Initiative: +2
- Speed: 40 ft. (6 squares), fly 90 ft. (average)
- Armor Class: 25 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +14 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 23
- Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+22
- Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d6+6)
- Full Attack: Bite +18 melee (2d6+6) and 2 claws +16 melee (1d4+3)
- Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: Pounce, rake 1d6+3
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent, command griffons
- Saves: Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +8
- Abilities: Str 22, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 8
- Skills: Jump +8, Listen +11, Spot +11
- Feats: Iron Will, Multiattack, Weapon Focus (bite), Flyby Attack, Weapon Focus (claw)
Sold into slavery at the age of six to pay her parents’ gambling debts, Ferrika can’t even remember the name of the city where she was born. She was rescued two years later when paladins of the Order of the Crimson Soul raided the manor of the perverse Lord Jenhem Verin, a noble from the recently-conquered kingdom of Elshos, and rescued over two dozen children; with no other life to turn to, she chose to become a squire with the Order and reached full paladin status at the age of seventeen. Scarred by her childhood, Ferrika was harsh and uncompromising even by paladin standards – in the year or so before her death on Jevellis, she was threatened with excommunication no fewer than three times (the last time by the planetar second-in-command of the Order!) for abuse of suspected lawbreakers.
When she declared her intent to leave Sondris and right greater wrongs abroad, her superiors were almost glad to see her go. She traveled first to Chelvia to aid the resistance against the dragon Alia’s tyranny and very nearly met her end at the fangs of three separate red dragons. Forced to flee when threatened by older members of Alia’s brood, she and the motley party she’d assembled traveled to the Golden Isles, where they spent several months attempting to fight the slave and drug trades… and making enough powerful enemies that they were forced to flee to the more feral islands. When the party first met her on Jevellis, she was literally throwing a bartender suspected of selling rauii through a wall – a slight distraction from her primary mission of helping the island’s villagers against the local tribe of man-eating giants. The next day, she and her party set off to rescue a number of missing villagers… and were promptly devoured by the priestess of the tribe.
Ferrika’s involvement with the party did not end with her death. When they looted her possessions from the giantess’s lair, her ghost began to haunt the heroes, blaming them for her death as they had refused to help her. She “accompanied” them through their journey to Saissica and their investigation of the Rift on Anobas, all the while chastising them; when the party returned to Kalystra, she was utterly surprised by their decision to use the enormous diamond they found on Anobas to resurrect her.
It seems odd to speak of a paladin realizing the wickedness of her ways, but for Ferrika, being raised from the dead was a transformative experience. She sees her new lease on life as a second chance, and while she’s (almost) as foolhardily willing to rush into danger as ever, she has realized that she’s not infallible and that others deserve mercy as well as justice. Ferrika willingly chose to accompany the party in their quest and has bonded with them over the course of their adventures, though she maintains a bit of a friendly rivalry with “the elf” Lirael, whose name she’s never quite willing to remember. She has displayed glimpses of humor and outright warmth over the past few months, perhaps an indication that she’s finally begun to overcome the various traumas of her life.
Ferrika stands six-foot-one, with an athletic build and medium-length dirty blond hair. She is quite attractive and would be considered more so if her demeanor didn’t have a slightly-too-intense edge to it. If one looks closely at her eyes (not recommended, lest you end up with a longsword somewhere uncomfortable), one would see that the left one is green and the right is slightly bluish-green.